I needed to let God to "whack" me in the face. These are the daily results in the life of Wade as I get Whacked by God! Yes, whacks can be good :)

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

God-story, not Abraham-story

Romans 4:1-3
...If Abraham, by what he did for God, got God to approve him, he could certainly have taken credit for it. But the story we're given is a God-story, not an Abraham-story. What we read in Scripture is, "Abraham entered into what God was doing for him, and that was the turning point. He trusted God to set him right instead of trying to be right on his own.

Romans 4:19-25
Abraham didn't focus on his own impotence and say, "It's hopeless. This hundred-year-old body could never father a child." Nor did he survey Sarah's decades of infertility and give up. He didn't tiptoe around God's promise asking cautiously skeptical questions. He plunged into the promise and came up strong, ready for God, sure that God would make good on what he had said. That's why it is said, "Abraham was declared fit before God by trusting God to set him right." But it's not just Abraham; it's also us! The same thing gets said about us when we embrace and believe the One who brought Jesus to life when the conditions were equally hopeless. The sacrificed Jesus made us fit for God, set us right with God.

God, help me to be like Abraham and trust you to set me right because I KNOW that I CAN'T do it on my own. That's why it's important for me to talk to you daily. I can't learn to trust you if I don't have a relationship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home